Introduction
The Family Place is a local non-profit with a mission of strengthening families and protecting children in Cache and Rich County.
- The Family Place provides a respite nursery for children 11 and under when parents are in emergency situations, or attending classes. The nursery is also used for victims of abuse and neglect before their case is reviewed.
- The Family Place is presenting an exchange of 20 pounds of Pepperidge Farm snacks for social media recognition from The Family Place.
Organizational appeal
- Family and community are important to Pepperidge Farm
- “Celebrating the Everyday Family Moments That Matter Most”
- The Family Place is a source of strength to our community and the families in it
Problem
- As a private nonprofit organization, The Family Place survives on donations from community organizations.
- Running a 24/7 respite nursery requires a lot of funding and donations.
- Our mission is to provide children with a comfortable environment or temporary home during hard times.
- Feeding these children is a major part of keeping them comfortable.
- We understand Pepperidge Farms recognizes the importance of reaching out to community groups.
- Having positive community relations goes a long way in contributing to the reputation of the organization.
- The social media recognition gained from this exchange will give the positive public image Pepperidge Farm desires.
Objective
- Provide a win win situation for both parties.
- Provide sufficient snacks for the Family Place’s children.
- Provide Pepperidge Farm with recognition on social media and will put a poster up in their building.
- Website recognition for Pepperidge Farm on The Family Place Website.
- Advertizing for families, Pepperidge Farm’s target audience.
Budget
- The Family Place nursery has about 500 visits per month
- A serving of goldfish crackers and similar snack foods is 1 oz.
- 20 pounds would provide one snack serving for 320 visits, or 64% of monthly visits
- This is a tiny amount for Pepperidge Farm, but would be of huge benefit to the Family Place
Timeline
- December 16th, 2016: complete negotiations
- January 5th, 2017: Pepperidge Farm provides the requested 20 pounds of crackers, cookies, or other baked goods.
- January 5th, 2017: The Family Place Nursery begins integrating Pepperidge Farm brand into existing advertising campaigns.
- 5th of every month, 2017: Pepperidge Farm provides 20 pounds of goods to the family place.
- Contract lasting until December 5th, 2017. At that time contract may be revisited for renewal.
Conclusion
- By working together, Pepperidge Farms and The Family Place can both help create an improved community to be a part of
- Seemingly small donations from Pepperidge Farms make the biggest difference to this non-profit organization, and the children that are there.
- Positive image portrayed for Pepperidge Farms, positive advertising for them within Community.
I really enjoyed your teams presentation. I loved the way you incorporated two local businesses, because this is something we tried to do in our presentation as well. I also enjoyed learning so much about the two different companies. I would have liked a little more clarification with Dr. Parker's questions, but overall, I thought you did a great job!
ReplyDeleteYour team's presentation was great. The transitions were smooth, and I loved how you used the starfish poem to incorporate a more personal touch to the presentation rather than just information. One thing I feel could have been better was the pounds and ounces confusion with the snacks. Other than that, impressive job.
ReplyDeleteI also loved the starfish poem and that you handed out little star stickers. I think the only thing I would consider to be done different is when you handed out the stickers. It just made the transitions to your questions a little out of place. You guys did a great job!
ReplyDeleteGood presentation, and a very impactful cause. This was my favorite organization out of the group's organizations. I also liked the proposal for exchange. It's quite common that companies will donate extra food to charities like this. I felt the exchange of extra food for sponsorship is very plausible to be accepted. The way you guys drove it home and connected it to children with that poem was great. Strong emotional appeal there. Great work
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteVery good presentation. I feel like your presentation was very memorable because it was for a good cause. I think that incorporating the starfish poem was a great addition to the presentation. Your group also had very good organization and I feel like the presentation flowed very smoothly. The transitions from speaker to speaker were very good. The proposal made sense and it was a great idea to ask for food from Pepperidge Farm.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI thought the starfish poem was a great start to your presentation! I liked how you handed our sticker stars. That will leave a lasting impression. Great job on the details and information. I think everything you presented was clear and made sense. Finally, great transitions.
ReplyDeleteI think you represented The Family Place very well. This is such a valuable organization to have in Cache Valley. The transitions are smooth and the information was presented in an organized manner. I was glad to hear how many other organizations in Cache Valley have already contributed to this cause. Promoting these other companies was a great way to help convince an audience to want to be apart of what The Family Place is doing for the community and especially children.
ReplyDeleteYour team did a great job on your presentation. I imagine it was tough because you were a non-profit so you had no monetary value to offer in exchange. However, you did a great job explaining how much the proposal would help not only the families in the community, but also Pepperidge Farms themselves.
ReplyDeleteI really liked your team's client and proposed exchange. I could see that as being a real need for the family place that pepperidge farms could easily fill. I thought it was clever to use the family place to provide good publicity of pepperidge farms as being family oriented and that as the children ate these treats families would then purchase more in the future. Great job this semester guys!
ReplyDeleteI really liked your presentation. I could tell you were all knowledgable about the topic, and knew what message you were trying to portray. I especially liked the poem you read at the beginning of the presentation. It really hit me that even if you only change one life, that one life has been changed forever! Great job!
ReplyDelete