Monday, September 26, 2016

MEMO

To: CMST 3050 Employees

From: Sarah Keyes, CEO

Re: New Hire Welcome

Date: September 28, 2016


Hello everyone,

I wanted to send out a quick reminder that we have a new member, Erin Dimond, joining our team today. Please be inviting as we welcome her into our professional family. Below is some information I’ve put together on Erin so each of you know a little more about her background and interests.

Erin graduated from Star Valley High School in 2010. Upon graduation, Erin began school at Utah State University where she started began her involvement in the EEJ College of Education and Human Services. This semester she is taking a social media course from Doctor Preston Parker, and actively Tweeting about all things social media related. While attending USU Erin met her husband, Joshua Dimond. Joshua is from Grace Idaho and works at the Space Dynamics Laboratory.

One story most people don’t know about Erin is that her wedding dress was stolen on her wedding day. Someone broke into her car and took the dress from the passenger seat just shortly before she would be putting it on after being sealed in the LDS temple. You can read more about this crazy event here.

Erin is a lover of family and cute animals. Last year she spent her second Christmas in Star Valley, Wyoming with her family and husband, Joshua. Some of the animals Erin loves include panda bears, elephants, and baby giraffes. Be sure and say hi to Erin if you see get the chance to meet her today. Thanks everyone, have a great day!

Sincerely,


Sarah

4 comments:

  1. I like how you addressed it to the company about someone, instead of directly to Erin. I also thought it was beneficial to include the link to the story, as well as an explanation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also really liked that you addressed the memo to a company as a whole, instead of to me directly. It made the assignment feel more real, and more like a memo that would be sent out professionally. I also thought it was interesting that you found all of my tweets about social media, which were from the Social Media course I took with Dr. Parker in 2014. Thank you for the nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked how professional this was written. It looked like a legit business memo. I also liked how you addressed it to the company and not to Erin herself. I think that gave it a real feel to it instead of just another assignment. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah, this info is very well presented. You addressed it to your target audience very professionally. The only thing I can think of would be to maybe include at least one more link to where you found some of the info. It would be interesting to read some of those tweets about social media. You should be a CEO or something!

    ReplyDelete