Hey Britt!
How have you been? It’s been a while since I’ve written you,
but I promise it’s only because I’m adapting to my new busy schedule. I haven’t
forgotten about you, don’t fret. The busy schedule is due to the fact that I
started my last semester of my undergraduate career a couple weeks ago! Can you
believe it? I’m starting my application for graduation and hoping this is a
dream I don’t wake up from. Anyway, one of the main reasons I wanted to write
you is to tell you about one of the classes I’m taking this semester that has
the potential to benefit you personally.
The class I’m taking is called Technical and Professional
Communications. The great thing about this class is it’s something anyone
taking the class can benefit from. Each major requires some level of communication
on a professional level. By learning how to do this, you will essentially make
yourself more marketable and thus more likely to get the job you want. I think
it should be a required class for everyone looking to receive a college degree.
I know it may seem strange to receive a letter from your
cousin regarding a technical and professional communications class, but the
reason I’m telling you about it is because I think a lot of the concepts that
are taught in this class apply to you directly. Because you recently graduated
from BYU-I, I know getting a job is heavy on your mind. Learning verbal and
written communication skills on a professional level can really benefit you
while you search.
Of course technical communication is primarily instruction
manuals, textbooks, recipes, etc. but professional communication covers a range
of different aspects to consider. In this sense, I’m applying it to your recent
graduation and job-hunt by saying, make sure your resume and cover letter are
portraying exactly whom you want to be portrayed as. On the same note, be sure
to study best practices on interviews and understand everything that is
involved here. Professional communication covers all interactions made in the
workplace context. This means there are a lot of things to consider.
If you have any questions about technical and professional
communications, don’t hesitate to reach out to me. You can also click on this
link to learn more about it here. I’m excited to help you in future successes
in your field. I hope all is well, and I look forward to hearing from you soon!
Sincerely,
Sarah
No comments:
Post a Comment